Monday, March 19, 2007

After six very long hours in the creepy Mexico airport we FINALLY returned from Acapulco! Though all sixteen of us that went were exhausted, tan, and craving American food. Overall the trip was incredible. It was wild and crazy, just like anyone might expect a Spring Break trip to Mexico to be, but it was also amazing to see another country and the way that they live. The streets and the residents are all poverty stricken and it's actually very sad. Young children roam the beaches day and night trying to sell jewelery to suppliment what little money their parents make. It was definitely a culture shock being there and I am thankful for all that I have here in America.

I learned a little bit of Spanish! I know how to say 'beer', 'it's hot', 'how much', 'where is the bathroom', 'how are you', 'my name is'... The basic phrases. Now I have to catch up on all of my work for the week and try not to be exhausted, though it's going to take a while to get back into school mode.

No comments: